Successful leaders propel others forward. It’s about them, not you.
Magnetism inward is inevitable, persistent, and backward to leadership. Backward leaders view life through the lens of personal impact and feelings. They ask:
- How does this impact me?
- How does this make me feel?
- How am I doing?
10 ways to spot selfish leaders:
- They evaluate you but you don’t evaluate them.
- Jabs and sarcasm that convey honest opinions in cowardly ways. (I’m all for fun, but this isn’t.)
- Speaking for subordinates in meetings rather than inviting them to speak for themselves.
- Suggestion boxes rather than honest conversations.
- Focusing more on performance than on the person.
- Anxiety concerning giving and receiving credit.
- They talk most and listen least.
Unselfish leaders know the height of your performance determines the height of their leadership.
Unselfish leader questions:
- How are they doing?
- How does this impact them?
- How does…
View original post 154 more words